Is there a better way to spend Easter.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remkel

Minister of Fire
Jan 21, 2010
Southwest NH
Than to do a little stacking. Had some time before company arrived and after they left so I took the opportunity to stack a little over .5 cord today. Now I am not only full of some delicious Easter Sunday dinner, but also tired from some Easter Sunday labor. Just a few more cord and I will be there....

Attachments

• wood stack.jpg
    wood stack.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 423
Looks good , I did the same minus the company living hrs away from family and friends does that to you.

shouldntbesocomplicated said:
Looks good , I did the same minus the company living hrs away from family and friends does that to you.

Let me tell you, if I could I would be up in N Maine also- family has hunted the Seboeis area for over 50 years, and I cannot think of a more peaceful place in the northeast. Hopefully i will have another two cord to stack this week, also have just about another .5 cord split at a neighbors that I will be bringing back here tomorrow.

I don't think so. Today I cut the rest of the dangerous stuff out of a tree in the neighbor's yard*, and bucking the rest of the tree will be gravy. It's cool out, with intermittent sun and light misting rain, the poison oak is just starting to peek out of the ground. Now I'll be playing video games until I get tired and take a nap. Then dinner and a movie with the wife.

*Black Oak tree fell down steep hill and scraped the side of his house + he doesn't use wood fuel = I can have the tree if I can get it up the hill and put the slash in neat piles. Yesterday I spent most of the day limbing and clearing out slash so I could get at the widowmakers safely today.

Remkel said:

Let me tell you, if I could I would be up in N Maine also- family has hunted the Seboeis area for over 50 years, and I cannot think of a more peaceful place in the northeast. Hopefully i will have another two cord to stack this week, also have just about another .5 cord split at a neighbors that I will be bringing back here tomorrow.

Well maybe we can trade family is in NH ,coast and Keene area , still cleaning up the limbs here not my idea of fun

Remkel said:

Well maybe we can trade family is in NH ,coast and Keene area , still cleaning up the limbs here not my idea of fun

Well, I am in Rindge, my wife is from Keene, so you would be right at home.

Remkel said:
Remkel said:

Well, I am in Rindge, my wife is from Keene, so you would be right at home.

But it sure is nice up here ,most times love the taters glad we dont have the broccoli near enuff to smell

Easter Sunrise Service over the Chesapeake bay, early breakfast afterwards. Family over for lunch including oldest daughter's boyfriend (fiancée? maybe someday). The only thing that could have made it better was if the boyfriend had brought some work clothes and split some wood for me! He is going to need to work on that if he wants to marry my daughter someday ;-)

Attachments

• Sunrise2011.jpg
    Sunrise2011.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 379
Got up this a.m. had a great breakfast. Wife and I split and stacked a cord of Red Oak/Beech/Hard Maple. Then sat down to a #1 dinner of Prime Rib++++and finished up with home made Choclate Truffle Cheese Cake. All in all a Easter that couldn't be beat............................................

Hunderliggur said:
Easter Sunrise Service over the Chesapeake bay, early breakfast afterwards. Family over for lunch including oldest daughter's boyfriend (fiancée? maybe someday). The only thing that could have made it better was if the boyfriend had brought some work clothes and split some wood for me! He is going to need to work on that if he wants to marry my daughter someday ;-)

I agree the lad will have to step up to the plate with the splitting, but my question is, why didn't you have him split anyway? My father once had my sister's boyfriend go over to the barn to move the four deer hanging from the rafters. What made it funnier was this guy was from a rich NY family and probably had never seen a deer hanging.....at least he was smart enough to say "Yes sir" and do what he was told.

Beautiful sunrise by the way!

My daughter won't let me! She also won't let me ask him to help castrate goats or"process" chickens! Wimp. Really, he is a nice guy though, just not the "hands on" type ;-)

I helped my father-in-law to be load hay and other fun jobs when I visited his house, but that was DECADES ago! Glad he wasn't a wood burner.

Know the feeling- jobs with my father in law: shingle a 12 pitch roof (I do not care for heights, but did it anyway), help with some remodeling in his house, cut numerous trees, help install 8 yards of cement....yeah, the things we will do for the families of the women we love....

I don't know if I would call it better, but a different kind of wood work:

(and NO the jeep didn't yank that out. My little back hoe did. Root ball must weigh in the neighborhood of 8 thousand pounds.)

Attachments

• pinerootsm.jpg
    pinerootsm.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 195
My kids and grandkids all came to our house after Easter Sunday church. We had a great meal and then sat on the patio with a fire in the outdoor fireplace while the kids played. After enough sitting, my son helped me unload the wood hauler. Nice day!

Attachments

• Outside burner edit.jpg
    Outside burner edit.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 150
  • Ash Dougs.jpg
    Ash Dougs.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 155
  • Dougs neighbor wood.jpg
    Dougs neighbor wood.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 165
Yes it was a beautiful day to split and stack some wood. My daughters boyfriend and I split my last 2 loads of rounds I have and cleaned up the wood splitting area. That is the first time i have been caught up in probably 2 years. I think I am 2 years ahead finally. It feels good to be ahead! Maybe I will plant some grass here so I can kill it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.