1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Is there a cure for this sickness?

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Butcher, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Butcher

Butcher Minister of Fire

Loc:
    N. central Ia.
    As a landscaper I'm pretty much done for the year and it the week I go deer hunting too. Weather and other factors have made hunting poor for me this year so along with my shotgun I load up my cuttin gear and 2 saws. Today no deer but I did drag home a small elm from my hunting ground.
    IMG_1691.JPG
    Previous weeks kills. Still no deer. Just more elm and a hackberry.
    IMG_1690.JPG
    I'm getting the shakes thinkin I might run low dontcha know. IMG_1694.JPG

Should probably refill my portable woodshed before it rains Saturday too.
    IMG_1693.JPG

Sure wouldnt want to drag wet wood into the house.
    IMG_1696.JPG
    On the way home this morning the wife called and said the tree service we did some trading out with was takin down a 50' willow oak that I couldnt get myself due to it being sandwiched between 2 green houses at work. Guess I got some more wood to get tomorrow and deer hunting will get put off till the weekend.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    Are you going to take the rack off that wood pile and have it mounted? Looks like a 5-pointer, anyway... ;lol
  3. trog04

trog04 New Member

Loc:
    Front Range Colorado
    I don't think there is a cure. I finally finished splitting a lot for next year and my wife asked what I was going to do next. I told her I would wait for spring and cut some more as we use up this year's stack. (We don't have a lot of room for wood). About a day later I told her I was wrong, I needed more wood. I really like going out and splitting and knowing I'm ahead.
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  4. Butcher

Butcher Minister of Fire

Loc:
    N. central Ia.
    No, probably not since the pic is decieving. It's actually a 4 pointer. This is my last 8 point buck.
    IMG_1697.JPG
    Hearth Mistress and basod like this.
  5. Jacktheknife

Jacktheknife Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lakota, Iowa
    I am thinking about making a patch for this, just need some sawdust and a little duct tape.
  6. Hearth Mistress

Hearth Mistress Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pt Pleasant, PA (SE PA)
    My granny always told us the cure for any aliment was more of the ailment! Hang over? drink more. Shoulder hurts? Lift weights. In your case - Sickening drive to hunt wood? Just keep cutting and stacking and you will be fine :)

I should note that my granny will be 93 in January and she's still got her wits about her!
    gregbesia likes this.