Is there a cure for this sickness?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Butcher

Minister of Fire
Nov 2, 2011
N. central Ia.
As a landscaper I'm pretty much done for the year and it the week I go deer hunting too. Weather and other factors have made hunting poor for me this year so along with my shotgun I load up my cuttin gear and 2 saws. Today no deer but I did drag home a small elm from my hunting ground.
IMG_1691.JPG
Previous weeks kills. Still no deer. Just more elm and a hackberry.
IMG_1690.JPG
I'm getting the shakes thinkin I might run low dontcha know.IMG_1694.JPG

Should probably refill my portable woodshed before it rains Saturday too.
IMG_1693.JPG

Sure wouldnt want to drag wet wood into the house.
IMG_1696.JPG
On the way home this morning the wife called and said the tree service we did some trading out with was takin down a 50' willow oak that I couldnt get myself due to it being sandwiched between 2 green houses at work. Guess I got some more wood to get tomorrow and deer hunting will get put off till the weekend.

Are you going to take the rack off that wood pile and have it mounted? Looks like a 5-pointer, anyway... ;lol

I don't think there is a cure. I finally finished splitting a lot for next year and my wife asked what I was going to do next. I told her I would wait for spring and cut some more as we use up this year's stack. (We don't have a lot of room for wood). About a day later I told her I was wrong, I needed more wood. I really like going out and splitting and knowing I'm ahead.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Are you going to take the rack off that wood pile and have it mounted? Looks like a 5-pointer, anyway... ;lol
No, probably not since the pic is decieving. It's actually a 4 pointer. This is my last 8 point buck.
IMG_1697.JPG

I am thinking about making a patch for this, just need some sawdust and a little duct tape.

My granny always told us the cure for any aliment was more of the ailment! Hang over? drink more. Shoulder hurts? Lift weights. In your case - Sickening drive to hunt wood? Just keep cutting and stacking and you will be fine :)

I should note that my granny will be 93 in January and she's still got her wits about her!

Reactions: gregbesia
Status
Not open for further replies.