Is there a manufacturer brave enough to endorse a brand of pellet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BLIMP said:
brave? ure talking collusion!...........maybe

Nah....washing machine & dishwasher companies have been recommending certain brands of detergent for a long time. Same thing with some car companies like BMW, Mercedes, and GM have been pushing Mobil 1 for years too.

imacman said:
BLIMP said:
brave? ure talking collusion!...........maybe

Nah....washing machine & dishwasher companies have been recommending certain brands of detergent for a long time. Same thing with some car companies like BMW, Mercedes, and GM have been pushing Mobil 1 for years too.
i'd love it if they provided data as to why whatever pellet is preferred, but they dont provide ANY DATA , except Claude,= just another door for further collusion

smwilliamson said:
I dare HHT to make a stand and form an alliance! Want to corner the market...there you go.

Way too risky IMHO, unless the stove manufacuturer has a hand in QC I don't think it will happen.

regional, plus year to year, the batch changes. It will never happen.

BTU said:
smwilliamson said:
I dare HHT to make a stand and form an alliance! Want to corner the market...there you go.

Since pellets are VERY regional, there isn't a pellet company that I know that sells nationally in ALL markets, so it might make it difficult for a stove company to do that.

briansol said:
regional, plus year to year, the batch changes. It will never happen.

Yeah, Maybe with them picky stoves! But the multifuel stove could careless if ACP was the sponsered brand. Not all stoves are greated equal, Just like pellets are! But I think they would leave it up to the local dealer with his local supply. My local Breckwell dealer asked me how many tons I would need him to order and save for me. I got an ugly look when I said Nothing? I felt bad so I did ask what brand he was carring and how much? When he told me the brand and the amount, I didn't feel bad anymore and said I can handle the pellet finding on my own!

my dealer was pretty good.... they stocked 10+ brands, and the first ton was $40 off any brand bought from them, and their prices were on-par. I bought 1 ton from them, and have since sourced closer to home.

Status
Not open for further replies.