Is there a Regency Representative that follows this forum?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some concerns about my stove and dealer representation of the company and would like to discuss them with them if possible.

You can contact them on their website at:
http://www.regency-fire.com/Contact/

Most manufacturer's try to funnel all the complaints back to their Reps, which poses issues in your case. When you fill out the form on their website be specific that you have Rep issues, otherwise they will probably just forward the complaint to your Rep. I have worked with Regency and they seem to be very good people and easy to work with so hopefully they will get your issues straightened out.

Blkbeard, is there a problem with your stove that other Regency owners might find useful?

Yes actually this is my first stove and from day one I was having problems getting a fire lit. posted messages on this forum and people gave me suggestions even though I had read hundreds of posts about beginners I was lost. suggestions were wood, not heated flue. possible blockage etc. but the only way I could get a fire burning was with the door open and when I closed the door the fire seemed to snuff out No Draft... the dealer/installer.. was no help except lip service. I called regency direct. and talked with them and within an hour I had a list of things to check, When I got home I lifted up the baffles just like regency said and sure enough the flue adapter which is bolted on with a slider. pg9 of regency 1200i manual. was just swinging loose on the slider and the back of the stove had a 3" gap running along the length of it. My stove was drafting but above and behind the fire. I must have had 8-10 fires in this thing hindsight says this was not a safe install prolly leaking back into the house while trying to figure out what the problem was. I was blaming myself for inexperience .. for the problems I was having. I have not fixed this yet.. I want the installer to do that so that I dont void the warranty I will post a resolve when I test after this work is done. But I am sure it will help.. when I stuck my hand up the flue further I could feel the air rushing past my hand and along the gap. Regency was a great help in solving the problem. The Dealer/Installer.. I am still concidering a www.********************sucks.com website and free advertising for them on my vehicle with my words of choice. I will post the final results.
./blkbeard

Glad to hear the manufacturer was helpful and cooperative, I would guess they field many calls from folks whose chimney install is the underperforming culprit.As for your installer,It's a sad fact that a person often has to get "ugly" before getting satisfaction.Good luck;keep us posted with your results.

Blkbeard said:
Yes actually this is my first stove and from day one I was having problems getting a fire lit. posted messages on this forum and people gave me suggestions even though I had read hundreds of posts about beginners I was lost. suggestions were wood, not heated flue. possible blockage etc. but the only way I could get a fire burning was with the door open and when I closed the door the fire seemed to snuff out No Draft... the dealer/installer.. was no help except lip service. I called regency direct. and talked with them and within an hour I had a list of things to check, When I got home I lifted up the baffles just like regency said and sure enough the flue adapter which is bolted on with a slider. pg9 of regency 1200i manual. was just swinging loose on the slider and the back of the stove had a 3" gap running along the length of it. My stove was drafting but above and behind the fire. I must have had 8-10 fires in this thing hindsight says this was not a safe install prolly leaking back into the house while trying to figure out what the problem was. I was blaming myself for inexperience .. for the problems I was having. I have not fixed this yet.. I want the installer to do that so that I dont void the warranty I will post a resolve when I test after this work is done. But I am sure it will help.. when I stuck my hand up the flue further I could feel the air rushing past my hand and along the gap. Regency was a great help in solving the problem. The Dealer/Installer.. I am still concidering a www.********************sucks.com website and free advertising for them on my vehicle with my words of choice. I will post the final results.
./blkbeard

Glad to hear that you have gotten a line on your problem at least. I will say in our own "defense" that we get more problems due to "user error" than we do from defective installations, so that is what we tend to check out first... As a suggestion in dealing with your installer, I understand that in Canada there is some sort of a certification that people doing installs are supposed to have, correct? It might be worth going up the chain of that certification agency, and or asking assistance from your local building inspectors - if there is clear evidence that the product was installed improperly, they can be very helpful in applying pressure to the installer to correct your issues (and possibly lead to his other work getting re-checked as well)

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.