Is there a simple electrical switch to do what I want?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atlarge54

Dec 3, 2007
Hoosier
Currenty running a modified OWB with a open on temp. rise aquastat that merely operates a solenoid to open a port for combustion air (blower is currently disconnected). Is there a simple and inexpensive switch that will allow me to connect the blower and do the following? When aquastat cools and calls for heat, allow solenoid to open combustion air port and allow blower to run (approx. a minute or so) then shut down blower and allow normal burn until aquastat opens which closes combustion air. The switch would need to reset for the next call for heat cycle. I'm just trying to reduce the amount of smoke when burner cycles. Everything is low amp 110v.

I think a timer would be more useful in your situation than just a switch. You can get such a timer at Grainger's.

Status
Not open for further replies.