Is There An Explanation of the Titles?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

F4jock

Minister of Fire
Nov 12, 2014
Red Rock, PA
I've noticed various titles like "Minister of Fire" given to our membership. Some, like that one, seem common, some are not. I've looked, but I can't find any explanation as to how one is given the titles or what they mean. Some, like "Moderator" are self explanatory but the majority are not. Can someone enlighten me?

Relates to how many postings I believe.

I wish I know this as well. My ID remains New Member despite being active on the forums for a couple of seasons.

Reactions: SESZOO
With only 70 postings your not very active. Webfish should be able to tell you how many postings to get past "new member" level. We have to moderate first few posts to weed out spam etc. Can't believe the trash that they try to post.

Probably would not stop the spam then as they could just come back after a time and wreak havoc and give the moderators a bigger headache.

Probably would not stop the spam then as they could just come back after a time and wreak havoc and give the moderators a bigger headache.
I guess I don't understand how a title has anything to do with people spamming. Can you explain?

You should be able to change it in the "Personal Details" when you click on your ID in the up right corner of the page. Most that have discovered that put something stupid in it.

You should be able to change it in the "Personal Details" when you click on your ID in the up right corner of the page. Most that have discovered that put something stupid in it.
Not sure that you can change it on here.

It is "Custom Title" under Personal Details. Unless it got turned off the last time people started putting their websites and silly stuff in it a few years ago.

Custom title may have been a customization previously , not available except to admins. Points are awarded for time since registered, posts, likes received....points equal membership level.

Sig line is there for users to customize.

Custom title may have been a customization previously , not available except to admins. Points are awarded for time since registered, posts, likes received....points equal membership level.

Sig line is there for users to customize.
Very good. Thank you.

Gotta admit I was a bit confused about the term 'Minister' when I first came here. I would prefer 'Master of Fire' or Rabbi of Fire, or Priest of Fire or Worshipper of Fire :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

In truth, my correct title should be 'Troublemaker' >>>> or 'Semi-Expert of Fire' ;lol;lol

Reactions: F4jock and Wisneaky
Interesting. Perhaps it would be cool to know what the thresholds are for each teir in the membership hierarchy. I did a quick search on the site but didn't see anything.

Gotta admit I was a bit confused about the term 'Minister' when I first came here. I would prefer 'Master of Fire' or Rabbi of Fire, or Priest of Fire or Worshipper of Fire :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

In truth, my correct title should be 'Troublemaker' >>>> or 'Semi-Expert of Fire' ;lol;lol
Guru?

. Points are awarded for time since registered, posts, likes received....points equal membership level. .

How and where do I 'redeem' my points?

Should be God of Fire with like flames coming off it and stuff. But just me.

Next time you cash in your Green Stamps.

No, really. Is there a Hearth.Com store where I can cash in my points and get 'valuable prizes' and all sorts of wonderful deals on pellet related things? MMM?

No but I have a deal for you on some nice oceanfront property in Phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.