Is there such a thing as too much saw?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided the 390 was too much saw for what I'm going to need. He also told me he doesn't want to sell it to me because it's really well used, and doesn't want a friend to get something that may have issues later on. I decided the 562 is likely better anyway for me.

Anyway, here's the scoop on it.

Comes with 20 inch bar, and probably a bunch of chains. He doesn't run 20" anymore. 24 and 28 only.

Year is 2012, approximately 200 hours on it. Ran pump gas and 40:1 Husky oil it's whole life. My buddy actually owns the company (I didn't know this) and he and his brother run the operation. Was strictly a skidder saw, with the 'go to' saw his 372 or 390. It's dinged up, but we knew it would be, being a skidder saw.

He's a former Husqvarna/Dolmar mechanic at the local husky dealership, and said that he just put in a new carb, replaced the gasket (it was leaking) and while he was in there replacing the gasket, put new crank bearings in it.

Price is $325.

I think I'm going to get it, but opinions are always welcome for sure. Any reason why I should pass?

IMG_20141224_185738_962.jpg IMG_20141224_185812_675.jpg

Reactions: duramaxman05
Status
Not open for further replies.