1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Is this a buck stove? I need parts.

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by Jeff bohn, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Jeff bohn

Jeff bohn New Member

Looks like a buck stove but the window insert in the doors go sideways,(all pics I've seen are opposite.), and inside door say grandfather?

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Jeff bohn

Jeff bohn New Member

I need fan motors, blades, wiring and switches. The 2 holes in the sides for the fans are 5" round.
  3. central_scrutinizer

central_scrutinizer Member

Loc:
    Greenwood, South Carolina
    not a Buck Stove, but similar. Can you send pics of the holes and location where the blowers go?
  4. rideau

rideau Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern ontario
    How big is that stove? Know NOTHING about older stoves, but isn't there a grandfather fisher?
  5. Jeff bohn

Jeff bohn New Member

I have 2 5"holes on each side. I hope I can use this as an insert when I get the fans in and wired. image.jpg
  6. Jeff bohn

Jeff bohn New Member

I need 2 blowers that will mount on the side of my wood stove. There are 2 5" holes in each side for the fans. Any ideas where I can find them?
  7. gzecc

gzecc Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NNJ
    Thats the closest I've seen to an old buck that isn't. Looks like some frenkenstien buck!
  8. Jeff bohn

Jeff bohn New Member

Where can I get some blowers?
  9. dougand3

dougand3 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    North Alabama
  10. central_scrutinizer

central_scrutinizer Member

Loc:
    Greenwood, South Carolina
    This blower should work. It is mainly seen on Craft stoves. http://www.servicesales.com/hearth-mount-blower-assembly-p-127.html

The original configuration on this stove had a separate blower box (hearth blower) that housed the blower assembly and the electrical components (switch, rheostat). The box was connected to the stove by a flexible aluminum duct (4"). The hole on your stove would have had a fitting like the one on the picture below. You can mount the blower directly to the stove without the fitting, but it will stick out quite a bit and you may have to close off the parts of the hole that stick out past the blower snout. Good luck with whatever you do! craft duct.JPG