Is this a good Deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon

Oct 4, 2013
I am looking to purchase my first wood stove. My house is 1500. sq. ft. rancher.

The guy is asking $400 for it.

It is a Older Blaze King. He said the Model is PEJ

Attachments

• IMG_4105 (1).JPG
    IMG_4105 (1).JPG
    196 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_4106_2.JPG
    IMG_4106_2.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:
I dont have a BK but that stove looks like it has never been used. A little surface rust and missing handles on the door is the only thing I see wrong with it from the pics. Not sure if it has a cat but, defenetly worth the look.

If it has not been used $400 is a great price.

If that is a PEJ-1002 run, don't walk and pick it up. The stove will require an 8" flue system, with a double-wall connector recommended. But the stove is new, unused from what I can see, so that is one great deal if it is a catalytic model. If it is a PEJ-1000 then it is a non-catalytic stove and just an average deal. Be sure to find that info out first. Both are very large stoves so be sure you have room for them and that it is appropriate for the sq ftg to be heated. Where are you located?

Begreen, the PEJ 1000 was a cat stove. All non cat King and Princess stoves are PT or KT. Cat stoves are all PE or KE.

Yes....it is a good deal.

Chris

Ah, I see it is a Princess catalytic. The warning for he manual on the website threw me off on the wrong track. Thanks for catching this Chris.

PEJ1000.JPG

Oh believe me I miss plenty! Ask my wife!

Reactions: begreen
Looks like a good deal if your wife lets you put it in the house

To the experts: Is it an appropriate size for a 1500 sf Ranch and is it well controllable?

To Dillon: Welcome to the forums. What is your climate like?

Status
Not open for further replies.