Is this a good deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm certainly no expert, but I'd jump on that for $200.00. I have an MS 390 that is heavy when doing limbing and other light work. A crappy saw will cost you $150 bucks.ich

I bought a much newer 290 for $150, I have had some trouble out of it (still am). I paid $150 for it, after a tune up I have almost as much invested as new one.

it is 25 years old. plus I don't think it cost 400$ then

CTburns said:
I'm certainly no expert, but I'd jump on that for $200.00. I have an MS 390 that is heavy when doing limbing and other light work. A crappy saw will cost you $150 bucks.ich

I need to amend my post. I didn't realize that the saw was so old. I blew it on this one. :red:

If it works well, think its worth $75. If its pristine, then $100. Still a big risk. Need to want an old stih!

but the guy selling it "knows what it is worth" hahahaha, love these types of people who don't realize it is worth whatever someone will buy it for, regardless of what you the seller think.

I only paid $ 75 for my used 028 AV Wood Boss. and that was already 10 years ago, OTOH it still runs great! I think $ 200 might be a bit much - but I would throw $ 100 at it

Status
Not open for further replies.