Is this a good deal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks pretty decent to me Karl. Can I assume you'll be installing this yourself? You do understand that it won't be the unit in the picture? This is for the basic black model. Still even with shipping the price is good. Ask first about the "president's warranty" and what happens if there are warranty issues with the stove.

BTW, have you checked with local Napoleon dealers first? If you have a local dealerthat is within spitting distance of price, I would go local first.

I know it only comes in basic black from here. I actually like that better. I like a plain clear door instead of the window panes in it. I would like a gold trimmed one, but I can live without it. The nearest dealer for them is 150 miles away or I would try to buy local. It still kinda worries me if I have a problem with it though. I will be installing by mysef. Well, with help from my brothers. All three of us are pretty handy and one brother used to build houses for a living. I think we can handle it and I will get a building permit and have the Fire Marshall inspect it, as well as bend the ear of the chimney sweep who cleans my old chimney before I line it.

Well then I'd say go for it Karl. You came to the right place to ask questions. Take lots of pictures and keep us posted.

Karl: Napolean sell the basic stove and sell the doors as an option and does the same with the suround pannel. Make sure of what is included before bidding there is alsoa Connector boot for hook up to a liner that is an option a $65 extra If the basic suroound and doors are included the bid price is very close to dealer cost. He must be trying to move inventory as he is not making any money at that price

So what would this cost me if I were to buy it at a dealer in say late September or October?

It says Complete with standard flashing/surround and trim to cover fireplace opening up to 32"H x 44"W

I guess I'll have to ask about the boot for hook up to a liner.

Thanks again guys

Round numbers about $1,550 I was wrong I included the optional cast iron doors in the dealers price wich is his profit margine of about $250 on the stove Since he is passing the shipping on it is not a factor. If he sold it retail,he paid shipping to obtain the insert. I'm sure most dealers pass on in the final price.

I also was wrong the suround is included and the doors there are optional cast iron doors with trim different trim finishes and optional castiron suround pannels but you will really need the optional flue collar connector piece

Status
Not open for further replies.