Is this a good price for a St. Croix pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberto487

May 21, 2009
Northern NJ
Hello,

I was quoted a discounted price of $2,245.60 for a St. Croix Hasting Pellet Stove. Regular price would $3,208.00. With the material and installation, the entire project comes up to $4,184.48. Is this a good price?

Thanks.

Roberto

The stove price seems good, but I don't like the almost $2000 more for the material and installation. To me, that seems pretty high priced.

I don't know how handy you are with tools and such, but it would be much cheaper to install it yourself. It really isn't that hard to do if you have a pretty basic exhaust pipe set-up.

Setting up my stove only required buying a hearth pad, and putting a couple of holes in the wall.

Just remember, that if you do set it up yourself, make sure that you follow the manufacturers directions as far as distance from walls, and how far away to keep the stove pipe exhaust from widows or doors.

Good luck, and make sure to research this forum a bit before making a final decision on your stove. This place is filled with great onfo.

I paid 1499 for my new afton bay in 07, i'd look around for a better deal for sure and that last part 2k for other things NO WAY!!! Way to high a price... Look around check many places..

Another thing to save money with is the hearth pad. very easy to make one that looks nice for not very much money.

Status
Not open for further replies.