Is this a good price

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theresa81

Jul 19, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Hi

I am new to the forum. I currently have an older whitfield pellet stove. We are looking to purchase another one before winter. I found a used one for sale and was wondering if this is worth it.

2 YRS.OLD WHITFIELD OPTIMA 2/FS. AMAZING PRIMARY OR SECONDARY HEAT SOURCE.13000-32000 BTU'S. HOPPER HOLDS 70 POUNDS OF PELLETS. COMPLETE PKG. INCL.CHIMNEY,HARDWARE THERMOSTATE ECT.

Any advice would be great. Thanks

Theresa

At this point I doubt they would take less, they most likely get what they are asking.

Well I am going to phone and see if it is still available. Was wondering if $3000 is reasonable for a 2yr old Whitfield. Do not know what new ones are priced at presently.

Best call around to get an idea, most likely at this time the will quote you the retail price, since the can get it.

I think a consideration at this point is availability of parts and service for the stove. Lennox owns Whitfield now and I know that the dealers in this area all quit selling or servicing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.