Is this a good price?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbirdman75

Aug 5, 2009
Hookstown, PA
Quadra Fire 5100i $3038 + $863 (Insulated liner 24') + Install $750 = $4651 *Tax rebate is 30% *Stihl gift card $200

I forgot to ask about a block off plate, is this something that is always required? Thay will have to take my old damper out and maybe a few bricks on the inside top to get the liner in, is this standard too?

Thanks again for all the answers this site is great!!

Chris

cbirdman75 said:
Quadra Fire 5100i $3038 + $863 (Insulated liner 24') + Install $750 = $4651 *Tax rebate is 30% *Stihl gift card $200

I forgot to ask about a block off plate, is this something that is always required? Thay will have to take my old damper out and maybe a few bricks on the inside top to get the liner in, is this standard too?

Thanks again for all the answers this site is great!!

Chris

I was quoted about $3,200 dollars last week for the 5100i so your price is a little better. I think the liner could be a little cheaper and if you can, try and do the install yourself. I've never done one but I bet average guys could do it.

Actually looks like a fair price for a turn key, permitted install for that stove and liner. You could tell'em that you will take the deal if they throw in the block-off plate. It is five or six bucks worth of sheet metal. You aren't getting robbed but they aren't getting hurt on the deal either.

I guess I can always try install myself. I have to read up on how to install the insulated liner. Thanks.

I was just quoted this week basically the same install as you, but with a 8" Mantel Deflector ($89) $3038 is the MSRP listed on the QF website, so anything more than that the dealer is over charging.

My total was:
5100 insert $3038
Large Nickel surround $246
25" liner and connection $586
Labor (sweep/install) $800
8" Mantel Deflector $89
County Fair Promo -$100
$4570.00
Stihl Gift Card $200

Some things to consider, if installed professionally its a capital home improvment, so you dont pay sales tax. All parts of the install are subject to the 2009 Economic Stimulus Act including the labor. Therefore that $800 install -30%=$240 + $333 sale tax savings= Is only costing me $227.00, and its certified, installed by someone who has been doing it for 20+ years, Vs me for the first time.
Plus consider this, the average home fridge weighs about 200lbs, the QF5100i is 520lbs, so just imagine trying to get the metal legs inside your fireplace and not gouge your hearth, while aligning the flue liner?

Status
Not open for further replies.