Is this a good saw choice?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol you guys are AWESOME!! Thanks for all the info, the rental guy was pretty honest and said its been out 95 times....it deffinatly looks clean and it's only 30 minute drive. I have a compression tester so maybe I will go have a look. I really like that 362 though.....I can easily wrench on the saw I just don't want to end up having more $ into a used unit then a nice smelling new one. I raced motocross for 12 years most of them on a 2 stroke so I am well aware of the issues improper porting can cause so I will be avoiding the mod urge! Not to mention the cummins is getting a little crazy lol one thing always leads to another haha!

Reactions: Nixon
Couldn't help myself today at the Deere/Stihl dealer. Came home with this, it's great :) bucked up maybe 40 round and split. It was a great afternoon.

Thanks Loon & Dexter. Can't wait to get back out and fall some oak for my first ever stacks.....

Reactions: DexterDay
Thanks Loon & Dexter. Can't wait to get back out and fall some oak for my first ever stacks.....

Be careful it can get you in and out of trouble very quickly! Nice saw btw

No need to hide that bad boy underneath the fenderwell.....get it dirty & let it do its job ;)

No need to hide that bad boy underneath the fenderwell.....get it dirty & let it do its job ;)

It is a nice fender well though.....;)

Reactions: Thistle
Reactions: smokinj
Nicer looking than most I see around here.

Oh like mine! btw its just the first step to a hot saw! He may need to sale the truck for the bigger ones..lol

Great saw it'll serve you well.

Oh like mine! btw its just the first step to a hot saw! He may need to sale the truck for the bigger ones..lol

Once he gets the bug,there's no turning back. Seriously,if I had the cash & the room,I'd own 100 saws.And just like now,would only need 2 or 3 on a regular basis. ::-)

You are going to enjoy that saw! She's a beauty. Now , donning my carnack hat ........... I'll just about bet that you'll be looking for a ms 460 ( or something like it ) within the year :) it happens a lot with saws, I don't know why . And , As I hinted at before don't ever run a ported saw....... :)
Again ,congrats , and enjoy !

While I'm thinking of it , you might want to look a PPE . It's a personal choice , so its up to you to decide , but I wear chaps , boots ,eye , and ear protection .

While I'm thinking of it , you might want to look a PPE . It's a personal choice , so its up to you to decide , but I wear chaps , boots ,eye , and ear protection .

I agree 100% with the PPE and just need some pants and boots. I always wear eye protection sometimes ear if it's going to be a long day. I have a few buddies who have been "wood guys" for many years and I am looking to them for guidance with proper cutting and safety in mind. This saw is deffinatly all I will need......for now ;). Thanks for the positive feed back on the pic I have worked very hard on my truck....might get out today and drop a few in my buddies bush.

Hahahaha that's awesome!! If I sold that truck now I'd loose my shirt! And winter is right around the corner.....I HOPE!!

Good looking saw . . . good looking tire and wheel combo too . . . how about a bigger pic of the truck that this wheel belongs to . . . the teaser shot makes it look pretty sharp.

Good looking saw . . . good looking tire and wheel combo too . . . how about a bigger pic of the truck that this wheel belongs to . . . the teaser shot makes it look pretty sharp.

I will post one tonight when I get home....I take a ton of pride in my truck so I appreciate you wanting a better look :cool:

Nice truck. Now how about a picture of the centerpin ;)

Nice truck. Now how about a picture of the centerpin ;)

Ahh maybe a fellow steel header or two on here....That gold reel is now my back up reel its an Okuma Sheffield. My new go to pin is this Kingpin Royalty and it floats beautifully LOL.....
Is this a good saw choice?Is this a good saw choice?

She's an 07 Ram 2500 MegaCab 5.9 Cummins 6" lift 35" AT's on 20" XD Monster wheels. Smarty programmer, Isspro gauges

Sharp looking truck . . . back in the 1980s-1990s I had a run of bad Chrysler cars and swore I would never own another Chrysler product, but I have to tell you . . . I do like the look of the newer Ram trucks and it seems as though a number of folks I know that own them have not had many/any issues. Thanks for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.