Is this a good used buy? (Jotul content)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamaha_gurl

Aug 31, 2008
Ontairo
Good Morning All!

So I think I've narrowed it down, I found a white Jotul #3 locally and for $450 including all the piping I don't think I can go wrong, could I get some expert advice please? Think it's a good buy? :) Say yes please, it's so pretty ;)

I can't seem to find a ton of info on it. Is this ok to cook on?

Thanks so much for all the help!

Anyone? I'm going to see this stove in an hour.

Can you provide a bit more info on the stove? How old is it? Is it the original model 3 or a newer F3CB? Is it enameled?

This is a good heater, but smallish. Don't expect to get long burns out of it. But if you are looking for a good little heater for a room or two, it could be just right. $450 is high unless this is a newer model. If older, it should be in excellent condition for that price. Check the interior of the stove closely. Examine for any warped or burned side and back plates or baffle. As far as the value of the piping, that would depend on the age and condition of the piping and whether it's at all reusable in your home.

Status
Not open for further replies.