Is this a leaking gasket .. Video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Feeling the Heat
Oct 28, 2013
Delaware
I can hear almost a air suction sound. Osburn 2200. Bought new gasket 7/8 black, lady did not know if high density. Either did I. Did not have old gasket. Dealer replaced with white gasket (felt like a shoelace) tired if calling dealer and waiting I went to a shop and got a gasket. Install went good. Had to tighten door that's why I am thinking it was not hd. Are all black high density. Either way check out video. Damper closed. Very rarely have ever seen secondaries (not sure what they look like either , just figure I'd know when I see it ) well can't figure out how to post video. Pretty much flames are coming right from where door meets stove. I can hear air pulling

Last edited by a moderator:
Also what's the best way to contact osburn seems impossible to find a phone number

7/8" seems like the right spec for the 2200 door gasket. Have you tried placing a straight edge across the door to be sure it is flat and not warped? Have you tried the dollar bill test all the way around the door to see how well the gasket is sealing?

Is this an older or new stove? If the dollar bill test is fine then we need to know how tall is the chimney? How dry is the wood?

this is from the back of the manual:

Is this a leaking gasket .. Video

It's brand new. Gasket was replaced by dealer because of clear tear in it. He replaced with wrong one. It has to be 7/8 high density. The one I replaced it with is not hd either.

I called them. I have to give giant praise to customer service. I told them original gasket was defect and his next words were ok we will ship you a replacement gasket. Ton of respect points just earned by osburn customer service

light a lighter and hold it next to the area in concern - it will tell you if there is air being sucked in. If the flame moves, it's leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.