Is this a new or old husky?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osagebow

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2012
Shenandoah Valley, VA
On my local cl for $125....looks lightly used. I know some of the new husky homeowner line are iffy...I don't dig the toolless tensioner on my little 235.

Would this be compatable for parts with a busted 1995 era 350 I have? Any other info on the saw year / quality would be appreciated of course, pic is blurry...think it says 440? Don't see x-torq or e-series... Don't dig the toolless tensioner on my little 235e at all.

View attachment 112291

Last edited:
The attachment didn't work, so we (or at least I) can't see any pics.

440 is newer I beleive. Don't think it will work with an old 350.

Reactions: osagebow
yup 440 is one of the newer homeowner models,I believe the latest version is called 445.

I have a 445. Not sure how old it is? I got it from a logger friend, saying it didn't run well. Anyway it looks older but has been in a truck its whole life.

The 445 does not interchange with older 350s I know that so I'm sure 440 won't. Saw is of as a backup or trim saw but painfully slow for me to cut much with.

thanks y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.