Is this a new pipe piece?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gbreda

Minister of Fire
Aug 3, 2009
Lakes Region, NH
I just noticed this piece on the ICC website.

Maybe I have just not noticed it before as I dont check piping websites often. But this would make cleaning my pipe just a bit easier than getting my brush in through the cleanout T that is only inches off the floor.

Only issue might be another area for leaks.

Anyone use this?

http://www.icc-rsf.com/main.php?t=chem_produits&i=135&l=en

Clean_out_Length_Thumb_s.jpg
Clean_out_Length.jpg

I saw that on one of the tees they offered, But don't remember seeing it in a pipe length.

My only worry is its another seem/joint that could leak.

I saw that on one of the tees they offered, But don't remember seeing it in a pipe length.

My only worry is its another seem/joint that could leak.

X2 on the leak issue. But not being on the floor like a damn contortionist sounds great to this guy ;lol

eta
Now that you mention it, I do remember the T version, but not this. Maybe they realized that we are lazy and out of shape and decided to raise the opening ! ! ==c

Reactions: jtakeman
X2 on the leak issue. But not being on the floor like a damn contortionist sounds great to this guy ;lol

eta
Now that you mention it, I do remember the T version, but not this. Maybe they realized that we are lazy and out of shape and decided to raise the opening ! ! ==c
I got no problem getting down on the floor. Its the getting up that sucks! Specially after being down for more than a few minutes! I almost need a crane to get my FAT A$$ back up.

I would be interested in hearing how good these are if anyone has one installed? Pros and cons are always helpful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.