Is this a reasonable price for whitfield advantage not sure of model yet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rad3110

Oct 11, 2007
Long Island NY
Whitfield Advantage Pellet Stove in very good condition with approx. 800 lbs of pellets. I have original owners manual with operation and maintenance video. Very low maintanence, easy to use, and at highest setting 38,000 BTUs. Can be vented thru wall or chimney. The guy told me the model number is
model number is WH-74386. im unable to find it. The picture looked real clean. I waiting for a reply as to how old it is etc. If it auto ignites etc. Im new to pellets but for this kind of money I would upgrade if it was worth it. What do you think. above the name whitfield there are 6 holes drilled in the top and what appears to be a pull out bar

Its the rite time of year. Guys been sitting on it. Waiting for a call back, I need a little more information on the unit. Before I make a pitch

If it's in good condition, and if it still works (have him fire it up to prove it), I'd offer him $450. BTW, what brand of pellets are they?

rad said:
Whitfield Advantage Pellet Stove ... above the name whitfield there are 6 holes drilled in the top and what appears to be a pull out bar

Six holes are the heat exchanger air tubes for air into room.

Pull out bar is a scrapper tool built into unit.

There should also be a multi purpose tool for fire pot removal, ash pan removal and to work the built in tube scrapper.

I picked up my 1995 Insert for $400.00 w/ 8 bags of pellets...they were asking $600.00 on Craig's List

rad said:
Its the rite time of year. Guys been sitting on it. Waiting for a call back, I need a little more information on the unit. Before I make a pitch

On the left side panel right below where the owner is getting the Sereial No. you can determine the month and year of mfg.

A hole was punched before label was applied for which month and which year. re: AUG 95....(for my 94158)...(WP-2-T)

Status
Not open for further replies.