Is this a Regency wood insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2006
w det burb
I found a Regency wood burner insert for $600 on Ann Arbor craigslist. The only number they found on the door was 342-071(or 9). The seller bought it used and was told it was a 5yr. old unit with 78% burn eff. Can anyone confirm any of these claims? Here's a poor pic. Thanks, Choco. p.s. The seller's throwing in a used chainsaw!

Attachments

• regency wood burner.jpg
    regency wood burner.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 321
Ask the seller what the plate on the back of the stove says for model. Hard to tell from the dark picture but it looks like it may be a mid-sized Regency insert which is rated at 77% efficient and 75,000 btu. I have no idea how accurate those specs are but check out Regency's site for more info. If in good condition it sounds like a decent deal.

http://www.regency-fire.com/Wood/Inserts/I2400/index.php

As BeGreen said, it is hard to tell with that photos, but sure does look like either an I2400 or I3100.
I looked at the I3100 at a local shop and almost went for that one. Nice insert. Does it have the blower with it? Located lower front under the ash shelf.
A I3100 new is roughly $2,200.00 without blower.
Def looks like the mid or large Regency though.

Attachments

• regency I3100.jpg
    regency I3100.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 267
From the small picture I would guess that it is. It has the same top structure as mine and the gold air intakes are the same as mine is as well.

Look closely at the fan on the bottom. They are different. Also, what is the largest log that will fit? That is also a clue. But there should be a plate on the back of the stove with more specific information.

Status
Not open for further replies.