Is this a safe install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buckstove

Oct 25, 2010
NC
Was talking with someone the other day that changed out a prefab to insert. They had double wall pipe already in 6 inch pipe inside of a i'm guessing a maybe a 11 inch pipe with no insulation. Removed 6 inch pipe and put in 6inch double wall stainless inside of the bigger pipe (11inch) now this 6 inch double is ran up close to top of 11 inch pipe which has rain cap on it. Would this get efficient draft and would it be safe?

Only the maker of the 6" pipe could say for sure if it's installed to their specs.
I think you need to make sure the space between the 6" and larger pipe is vented to achieve approval.
There is a kit made for this purpose.
Maybe post which pipe you used and someone will know for sure.

Wasn't my install but they used the Lowes pipe supervent chimney pipe is 2" clearance, stove pipe is 6 inch. Those or for double wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.