Is this an average?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sequoia

Apr 10, 2015
Iowa
local dealer tells me it will cost $1800 to install my BK PRINCESS stove in my mobile home. Straight pipe 13 feet total with bracing. what do you think? price is average, price is high , good price?

Depends on what the quote includes. Double-wall connector? Outdoor air kit? Hearth pad? Special flashing? Bolting down stove? If the quote includes all of the above with quality pipe then it is not too bad.

Depnds on what the quote includes. Double-wall connector? Outdoor air kit? Hearth pad? Special flashing? Bolting down stove? If the quote includes all of the above with quality pipe then it is not too bad.
+1 on this. In N Idaho, all of this for $1800 is a bargain. We routinely see just chimney parts and labor costing around $1800, Hearth pad and permit would be on top of that.

Ask for an itemized bid. A single line item bid for an install could leave you in the dark until the job is done!

Best of luck,
Jason

Reactions: begreen
I'm building my own pad. They install the stove and air kit with double wall pipe ( about 5 ft.) and two 4ft. Section of chimney with bracing. All the flashing.

If that sounds fair then I won't suffer any longer from the shock.

I appreciate all the feed back and experience from knowledgable people. I'll pass this on to my wife as I'm sure will ease her mind as well.

Thanks,

Tom

I've learned now that the brand of pipe and chimney, cap etc. is Excel.
I understand that is quality material. So I feel even better about the price.

Do it yourself and put 1800 in your pocket. 2 guys you and a friend 8 hrs and your done. Thats if your comfortable cutting and measuring.

He would only save $800, maybe. The rest is for pipe and other materials. With the OAK also in there, I actually think that's a pretty good price for the install.

For insurance purposes I have to have it installed professionally by someone certified.

Status
Not open for further replies.