Is this area for the blower also a heat shield of sorts???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlhfirelion

Feeling the Heat
Aug 6, 2007
I don't have the blower yet but this is where it connects and sends the air up and out. This air void behind the stove....is this also a heat shield all be it possibly an unintentional one? Just curious if that would affect my clearance from the backside. Thanks!

Attachments

• 103_1633 (Medium).JPG
    103_1633 (Medium).JPG
    70 KB · Views: 137
Yep. It is the heat shield and reduces the rear clearance. The blower is just along for the ride and to move the air through it faster.

Blower or no blower makes no difference on the clearance requirement.

ok so my manual says a rear clearance of 15" is required. Is this with this heat shield or without it? It came with it so I assume it is 15" with this heat shield in place like it is. I can't find anything in my manual that states it would be less with this in place. hhhmmm....odd.

It is 15". The thing is welded onto the stove. Not optional.

right on thanks. Do you happen to know if other heat shields are an option with this stove? Maybe I should look into some. I don't even know what they look like!

<---------------------NOOBIE. :)

I have never heard of side heat shields for the Century Hearth stoves. And since they have just laid off half of the people at the plant in Huntington and nobody bid on it in the bankruptcy auction I kinda don't think anything new for the stoves is forthcoming.

In fact I would order a spare baffle assembly for it right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.