Is this correct? Buck stove 74 zc install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodsurfer

Jun 1, 2015
Haw River, NC
So I just had this installed on Tuesday.

04d0ba0e05e8408a_tmp-6561
3440236605e8409f_tmp-0753

The entire situation has been some what of a mess.

But here I am now and this is what I have.

I would appreciate feedback as I don't think this unit is installed correctly but fireplaces is something I don't know to much about.

the base does not look correct and once I install concrete board and tile I am not even sure how that would be finished off since you can see through. The trim looks short or I even think the entire unit should be sitting about a half inch below the hearth.

also the way the pipe connects to the top does not look correct at all. Isn't there a collar that should go over that? I mean they just twisted it on, bent those brackets and that was it.

fe60448605e840b9_tmp-1769

Shouldn't there be complete clearance in the back? It does have the firebox but still...

3fa0ca3e05e840e3_tmp-7213

i just don't want to mess around being fire. Also I thought I would ask on here before asking buck stove.

thanks for your feedback!

Is the insert installed in the 51ZC cabinet? Here is the manual (page 41 onward): http://www.newbucksweep.com/BuckStoveImages/Wood and Coal Stoves ZC/model74zc.pdf It looks like clearances can be really close but I would take the manual and double check whether you have those. Can you also post some pics from the front showing the overall unit? What are your plans for the hearth in front if it?

Was that a licensed installer? I would certainly not be happy about the paint already coming of in places.

Yes it's in the 51 box. All the clearances check out okay. I did the re framing before hand myself as per the manual.

I honestly don't mind the scratches. It comes with a can of spray paint from buck stove. I knew that before hand.

The hearth is already installed. The unit itself is sitting on a wood platform they installed, which ended up being level with the hearth. But I feel like there is this little section on the bottom that should've below the hearth. I am just not sure how to finish off this one bottom corner section. You can see that bottom part of the stove. See picture.

What about the pipe, does that look okay?

image.jpgimage.jpg

I've never put one of these in but the chimney pipe could be ok with just a twist lock. Those tabs should then be screwed into the pipe with short self tappers. Is there any floor protection on that wooden panel, like a sheet of cement board? If it is just wood, they have messed up. There should be a sheet of cement board under it.
Floor protection must be 3/8” minimum thickness non-combustible material or equivalent.
The base for the Model 51ZC must be level with or slightly higher than the “finished” hearth height dimension (A) Figure 6.

It's not clear what is acting as a hearth here. Did the safety shield get put in per the manual?

Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 9.19.21 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 9.19.46 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.