1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Is this correct?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by MommyOf4, Jan 28, 2013.

1. MommyOf4

MommyOf4 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southern MD
    I've been having issues with our Cab50 for a while now and nothing the dealers do seem to fix it. Our dealers swears that the gasket is fine so I'm taking their word on it. I've gotten new pellets (Statesman) and they seem to be burning cleaner.

So far no shut downs within the last hour and 30 mins. I reduced the fuel rod all the way.

Is the flame height correct?

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Dinger

Dinger Member

Loc:
    SW CO
    What size is that vent pipe?
  3. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Is there a "hole" in your fire? Looks like the auger drop chute has a lot of air coming through it?

If that's High, then it should be higher than that...

On High, 4"-8" above pot.....
  4. MommyOf4

Loc:
    Southern MD
    3 inch Selkirk VP
  5. MommyOf4

Loc:
    Southern MD
    That was on medium.
  6. lisac195

lisac195 New Member

Loc:
    Missouri
    Kind of hard to tell since I can't see the burn pot but on medium my CAB50 looks very similar.
  7. nikeseer

nikeseer Member

Loc:
    Central Connecticut
    What is your damper set at? And your feed? I had issues with my flame being too low on low and opened the feed and much better but damper was closed. I have opened my damper and opened my feed half way. Now my medium is producing much more heat than it was on high with the feed gate closed and damper closed almost all the way. Closing the damper little by little should help the flame get higher.