is this DOLMAR good for the price?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno, ice, but I added DOLMAR to your thread title to get folks' attention. Hope you don't mind. Rick

I searched around a little bit for prices, and it looks like this guy's pretty proud of it. You can get a brand new one for about another $50.00 or so, from what I can tell. Rick

fossil said:
I searched around a little bit for prices, and it looks like this guy's pretty proud of it. You can get a brand new one for about another $50.00 or so, from what I can tell. Rick

wow thanks! if thats the case i'll buy new

fossil said:
You can get a brand new one for about another $50.00 or so, from what I can tell. Rick
...and for about another $50.00 or so you can get a 5100. :coolgrin:

They are great saw's... but you can get a new one for around $350.. maybe a little less..

I love my 5100 though...

Agreed on the price comments - also note that the PS 510 is the "non-pro" model. It's probably better than the big box consumer store saws, but it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that the true "Pro-Grade" 5100 model has - IOW the 510 has an aluminum crankcase instead of magnesium, less anti-vibe stuff, and so on, so you get a bit more weight and a little less power... Not a bad saw, but the 5100 is better.

That said, if you can talk the seller down a good bit, (say to around $200) you might have a decent deal... This assumes that it is as described, good compression, and all that stuff.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.