Is this for real? Ash for sale on facebook.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dmitry

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2014
CT

is this a joke or for real

• Wow
Reactions: Jay106n
All I see is

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
www.facebook.com
www.facebook.com

All I see is

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
www.facebook.com
www.facebook.com
the link works on my end

143 YEAR OLD ASH!!!
$300
Listed 7 weeks ago in Orange, CT

Details
143 year old Ash tree. Killed by Emerald Ash Borer. Trunk is solid with beautiful coloring in heartwood. 43" diameter at the base. About 35 feet of mostly straight trunk with little noticeable taper. Beautiful knot at the top. I am looking to sell the whole log or sections of it. I can cut them to whatever length you wish. $300 / Foot. This log needs to move soon so place your orders before it gets cut up at random.

241995986_4468155439872971_8254227746889771938_n.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: D8Chumley
Here in mid Michigan we were hit years ago with the ash borer. At $300 foot I’ve burnt 6.2 million dollars worth of ash . Lol

What’s with the 143 year old tree ? Guy is nuts !

Maybe $300 for the whole log! You could make some nice stuff with that log, would be a shame to turn it into firewood. I think he's trying to price it out of the firewood market.

Reactions: ozarkoak
That log could be worth it to someone who needs wide tigth grain slabs. If they counted the rings correctly, its going to be tight grain so should be more stable. Heck maybe its a veneer log? Of course its drying out unless the ends have been sealed and slowly turning into firewood. A big item that affects value is if its a tree from deep woods or one near a home. if its near a home, there could be metal and many folks will not go near it.

About 5 years ago I sliced some 2" thick slabs out of a neighbor's huge recently dead ash, maybe 28" diameter. The wood was still pristine and hadn't started to get the creeping discoloration as the bottow rotted and sent the juices up the tree. Gave most of them to a customer who was an IT guy at a hospital but played in a heavy metal band on the side. He was raving about the use of ash to make solid body guitars, then I lost touch with him and never heard if he did actually make anything out of them.

yeah, and i got a bridge over the east river goes straight to brooklyn, ill sell it to you for $300 per foot.

I process Black Walnut for firewood. Ash that size is a bear to split.