Is this freebie worth fixing?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
les could you do us a favor and shoot a picture of the inside of the stove?

Well, I finally got it installed I could not wait for the weather to get gold before I lit a match in it so I burned a few boxes to see what it would look like. I will let everybody know how it heats this winter.

DSC01808.jpg

Looks terrific, Les. Why the extra bricks under the feet? What did you go by to determine safe clearances all around and what materials to use in the hearth? Again, nice job! Rick

Great to see the stove resurrected and ready for another decade of work. Thanks for posting Les.

fossil said:
Looks terrific, Les. Why the extra bricks under the feet? What did you go by to determine safe clearances all around and what materials to use in the hearth? Again, nice job! Rick

I put the bricks under the feet for easy un installation to upgrade in the future. I used the owner’s manual to determine the clearances required and my hearth is granite. according to the manual no R value was needed for the hearth just a 20 awg non combustible matiearl going 16" in front of the door now it changed to 18" and I only have 17"

Ah! I didn't realize you had the manual for that old beauty. Sounds good, looks great! Rick

Wowza ! That's a really nice job done !!

that stove sure looks happy to be sitting where it is now. you did a wonderful job all around. i figured that old girl had some dances left in her. hope she takes care of you for years to come. outstanding work!

Status
Not open for further replies.