Is this great or what?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buggyspapa

Nov 26, 2011
Scarborough, Maine
Local CL ad:
Two white oak saw logs, appx. 10' long each. Cut down around 2005-6 have been sitting since. Would make good logs for chainsaw sculpting, the larger one is nearly 2' in diameter, and the other one has a fork near the top. Cut from the same tree. $150, you will need equipment to move them, I don't want them cut up in my yard. Easy access.

What the heck is going to pick up a 24" x 10' oak log without destroying the yard?

It doesn't say they don't want the yard tore up. Just don't want it cut up in the yard. But who knows what they are thinking. This stuff has been laying for 7 or eight years and they think they have a gold mine. By now about all it is good for is firewood.

Send a message.
$150 will take care of 1 & you 'll get rid of both for $250 ;)
If you can cut them up where they are!

Tell him you only take cash ;)

The questions is, who is going to pay $150.00 for that amount of wood? Not I

You mean he is only paying $150 for somebody with heavy moving equipment to remove the logs? I know he says it is oak but sitting on the ground for 8 years probably means a lot of punk wood...

KaptJaq

White Oak, heartwood probably still rock-solid. As mentioned, may only be good for firewood...
I've got one waiting that's at least ten years down, maybe closer to fifteen, but it's suspended off the ground. When I finally get around to it I'll pinpoint the age closer and report on the wood. With pics. ==c

Status
Not open for further replies.