Is this Hedge?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2015
Baltimore
I had some logs dropped off from a local tree company. I can see that there are some cherry, red oak, and silver maple. They also told me there is a mulberry, but after I cut into it, it doesn't appt to be mulberry since the saw chip is bright yellow. And it definitely is heavy.

I've added some pictures. What do you guys think?

Thanks.

It sounds like the other post in here. Thats good the tree guys told you what you have, that is mighty white of them. You probably have Mulberry.
A guy just posted pics of some.

Sorry I had trouble uploading file.

Attachments

• 2015-12-06 19.04.51.png
    2015-12-06 19.04.51.png
    332 KB · Views: 166
  • 2015-12-06 19.01.26.png
    2015-12-06 19.01.26.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 153
It sounds like the other post in here. Thats good the tree guys told you what you have, that is mighty white of them. You probably have Mulberry.
A guy just posted pics of some.
Oh, the tree guys didn't tell me about the oak or maple, I saw that after I cut into it. They did tell me about the mulberry.

Looks like Mulberry. After you split and stack it will turn into a dark purple color.

Mulberry & Hedge (relatives of one-another) both produce a bright yellow chip when fresh cut... what you have pictured appears to be mulberry.

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll check and see if it turns purple tomorrow.

Does it look like this when first cut?
Noodled_Crotch-800_zps5wjomws7.jpg
I know for a fact that is mulberry.

It is still a nice score been burning some mulberry I got from some tree guys for last couple of years. Give it a couple years and you will be impressed

Reactions: Stinkpickle
Status
Not open for further replies.