Is this how a stove is supposed look when burning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKLeen

Sep 15, 2008
So. NH
I have this same model and it does not look like a blow torch nearly as much as this does.

too much intake air, high hopper feed rate makes my flame high like that

during startup its also like that until i let the whole burn pot burn the pellets then i put the auger back up to 4 or 5

Mine doesn't burn quite like that but like the other
poster said, higher setting will produce higher flame
for me. Here's my stove burning on #3 setting.
th_sparkitup.jpg

Ok, cool thanks. My flame looks similiar to what Zeta posted

I also find it strange that under the burn pot there is sheet metal that does not allow ash to get to the ash pan, I am assuming they are all like this because it is part of the frame but it seems strange to have to vacuum it rather than having them drop into the ashpan.

MrKLeen said:
Ok, cool thanks. My flame looks similiar to what Zeta posted

I also find it strange that under the burn pot there is sheet metal that does not allow ash to get to the ash pan, I am assuming they are all like this because it is part of the frame but it seems strange to have to vacuum it rather than having them drop into the ashpan.

i found this out as well last week when i went to clean the stove after the inital 5 bag burn, its a B to clean it out w/out a stove vac as i haven't got mine yet

Status
Not open for further replies.