is this normal? Enviro EF5 Evolution

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newtonfb

Jan 23, 2013
I have a Enviro Pellet stove..first one and its been working great. I was getting a black sooty window for awhile, i opened the damper up and now it just turns mainly white which is normal from what i read. I dont run the stove at full blast so i know thats part of the problem too. My question is...i have a huge bin at the bottom of the stove that catches the ashes but they barley ever get in there. There is only 2 little slits on each side of the burn pot. I clean the stove every other day on average. I just dont know if thats normal or what..if they made those slits bigger or something than i wouldnt have to clean the stove for a week or so..which seems to the normal for most people.

Attachments

• IMG_20130123_140034.jpg
    IMG_20130123_140034.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 178
Status
Not open for further replies.