Is this normal when you dial the stove down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldspark said:
Troutchaser said:
Oldspark, unless I am mistaken, internal flue temp. is 1.5X external. Can anyone help us to clear that up?
Some members of this forum have tested this and found it to be double.

Thanks OldSpark!

Is that with single wall, or double wall?

Can't check double wall pipe temp. externally with any accuracy. I've been assuming it's a single wall for this discussion.

Yes magnetic sensor on a single wall compared to a probe sensor. Battenkiller was one of the ones doing the testing.

I just do it by feel like I have always done in the past. It's hard to explain I suppose.

I agree the T Stat is a good "guide", but I don't fret too much about it.

oldspark said:
NATE379 said:
Do any of you guys just burn and not worry about temps??

I have been burning wood off and on most of my life and the Blaze King is the first stove I've had that even has a T Stat. I look at it to check that it's in "active" when I engage the CAT and that's it.
Not comfortable doing that, once you see how hot some of this stuff can get it will make a believer out of you, its nice to see the high temps coming and its great for the wife to help her out. I could do it by feel but I like to keep a head of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.