Is this Pipe Upside Down....????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigruckus

Jun 2, 2011
Northern Maine, Millinocket
I'm new at this pellet stove stuff and the other day I posted some info on installing an adjustable vent pipe...it's a Duravent pellet pipe NOT the Pro-Pipe...anyways a fellow member mentioned that I might have installed this upside down...?????...I'm having trouble trying to find some info on the installation of these pipes....see pic below......HELP........my finger is pointing to the sliding open end of the pipe...which is on the stove side of the pipe..

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 444
Yes, it looks to be upside down from the way pipe should be run. I really don't think in this situation it will make any real difference. As the other poster said the theory is that if stuff needs to fall/drip (I hope not with a pellet stove) that it won't be caught by the inner edge the way you have it running.

I hope it is ok...I did silicone the other end of the pipe...and I know it will be a hassle getting it apart..I'll try it today..it will be my first fire in the stove!!. You know it hard to find info on this pipe installation...I should of had my stove dealer install it..live and learn I guess...thanks!!

I'm glad I'm not a Red Sox fan....

bigruckus said:
I hope it is ok...I did silicone the other end of the pipe...and I know it will be a hassle getting it apart..I'll try it today..it will be my first fire in the stove!!. You know it hard to find info on this pipe installation...I should of had my stove dealer install it..live and learn I guess...thanks!!

Again, not real sure as to whether or not the pipe direction will influence anything else in this particular instance, but it would be best to try and get it correct.

Good luck with your first fire, and make sure to post some pics; or it did not happen !!

bigruckus said:
I'm glad I'm not a Red Sox fan....

Sigh, this is The Red Sox I grew up with, so I am use to it. 11 Game lead in early August down the tube. This team does not have the heart that the 2004 team did and that makes all the difference in the world.

And now the old time Red Sox Nation battle cry:
WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR !!!!!

looks like you have it correct. pellet pipe theory is opposite wood stove pipe theory so you want the flanges facing away from the stove. there should be nothing to "drip" in pellet exhaust, but it is under pressure which is why you want it going flange out.

Delta-T said:
looks like you have it correct. pellet pipe theory is opposite wood stove pipe theory so you want the flanges facing away from the stove. there should be nothing to "drip" in pellet exhaust, but it is under pressure which is why you want it going flange out.

I'm thinking that also...the smoke or exhaust wiill seep though the joint seam if I do flip it over...

honestly, once you have the stove adapter on there you have no choice but to do it correctly. if the adapter was backward you would find it quite challenging to continue any further.

Looks right to me (same as I have mine).

BTW, get that wrapped with foil tape after you put the screws in.

one end is male, the other female.....you have no option but correct assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.