Is this setup safe and ok?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scoooter

Sep 9, 2010
Central Md
I have a Majestic L36A ZC fireplace and am having a Buck Stove Model 21 installed. Now I am reading that it might not be safe to put an insert into a ZC fireplace?

Can someone please put my mind at ease and let me know if this setup is safe.

Thanks,

Scott

Should be ok as long as it is still in good, working condition and the insert is installed per instructions with a proper liner.

From the manual:

The Model 21 has been tested with the following:
Heatilator, Security, Tempco, Preway, Marco, FMI, Woodside, Majestic

NOTE: The Model 21 may be installed in any of the pre-fabricated fireplaces listed above if they are big enough to accept the heater.

NOTE: A FULL CHIMNEY LINER IS REQUIRED IN A ZERO CLEARANCE OR PRE -FABRICATED FIREPLACE.

Thanks, I did read that but needed the reassurance I guess..... I am doing a new insulated liner.

I was told that I could not install a wood stove into a zero clearance fireplace by my stove dealer. So what I did was rip the old fireplace insert out. Ripped out the old pipe. Ran new pipe up. Walled in the old fireplace opening. Built a hearth out from the wall and dropped a stove on it.

The Buck 21 can be installed in either freestanding form or insert form. I am assuming this is the insert form.

Yes, I am using it as an insert.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.