1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Is this stove any good?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by robertjp, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertjp

robertjp Member

Loc:
    Western NY
    I'm thinking of buying a Pleasant Hearth woodstove from Lowes. Can anyone tell me if this brand is reputable? Has a 5 yr warranty, 82% efficent, 12" clearance, and blower included. Heats 1200 sq. ft. and supposedly made in Indianna. USA. I know nothing about these so heres where I come for the smartest guys on the planet about woodstoves. I need one for my cabin which is about 700 sq. ft. Thanks in advance. Bob

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    If memory serves me correctly there was a thread about this stove line just a few days ago . . . you might want to try doing a search on Pleasant Hearth.
  3. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Seems like either a chinese made brand or a private label made for Lowes. In any case, it is not a stove with any particular history.....might be fine as a cabin stove, but you are not going to be able to get any real reviews on it yet since it is a new brand.
  4. tesaulmon

tesaulmon New Member

Loc:
    northen, IN

those stove are made in Indiana in North manchester Indiana actually they are made with good quality materials and for your 700 sqft cabin the 1,200 would be the best option for you with plenty left over and it does come with 2 extra bricks incase you break one the stoves are put together not just thrown together and shipped to your lowes but any questions feel free to ask
  5. tesaulmon

tesaulmon New Member

Loc:
    northen, IN

they are a private company in northenr indiana and they build these just for lowes and they are 3 different sizes
  6. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    What's the company that's building them? Do you have one of these stoves? If so, tell us more about it.
  7. dpeck64

dpeck64 New Member

Loc:
    northern Mi
    I purchased a 1800 sq ft PleasantHearth from Lowes a couple week ago, so far awesome, middle of October weather here in Northern Mi,isnt a true test but cool 30 degree nights this stove did wonders,at this time of year i use very small pieces of wood and not alot of it, the heat this thing produces is amazing it holds a fire and heat unbelievably long, one of the easiest stoves I have ever operated. As the weather changes Ill leave more updates.
  8. oldspark

oldspark Guest

If I may ask how much did it cost and how big is the fire box, is there any pictures online? I answered my own question, is this the one yu bought?
    http://portlandor.zip2save.com/prod...earth-2200-sq-ft-wood-burning-product-5098017
  9. dpeck64

dpeck64 New Member

Loc:
    northern Mi
    Well right now its 639$, when I bought it I paid 699$, but I think well worth it. And yes you can go to lowes.com and search PleasantHearth or wood stoves or just google PleasantHearth wood stoves.In the store I was amazed at how small the opening to the firebox looked but it is pleanty big along with the firebox itself, hope this helps. I just your pic, it looks exactly like mine but mine is a hair smaller, the 1800 sq ft model.
  10. toyarmy

toyarmy Member

Loc:
    louisville, ky
    I picked up a pleasant hearth for 1800 sqft, and it works great for louisville, KY in dead of winter, 80 degrees all year round.
  11. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Delaware, Ohio
    According to the Lowes site, it says EPA certified.

Doesn't mention a cat, so I'm guessing it's a non-cat stove.

-SF
  12. RIArmySGT

RIArmySGT New Member

How did you guys make out with this stove. Looking to get the 1800 for my 1000sq house.
  13. pro94lt1

pro94lt1 New Member

Loc:
    usa
    Any updates I'm looking at the one does this stove have the heat tubes? How's burn time?
  14. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    This thread has moss on it.

Post a new thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.