Is this the real thing?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think its a clone.
That said:
The guy only has 11 feedback. Not much of a track record to go off of. His other sales have been Justin Beiber crap. It could be someone who moved there from the states.
IF you have to return it to get your money back it's likely going to be $100 shipping . I'd definetly insure it and signature confirmation (more $) .
I've heard to many horror stories about overseas purchases on eBay to even attempt it. I woodn't buy it.

"Description CHAIN SAW MODEL: CS6500 HUSQVARNA 365 TYPE"
That has "clone" written all over it.

CS 6500 was an ECHO number assigned to a Not 65 cc saw I believe It can be looked up 350$ is not that far off a 65 cc saw price anyway Husky and many others buy designs from white consolidated ind.. hence many saws look same as do mowers etc. this is why i run poulan stuff in the 3.3-6.0 cube range cost nothing parts a plenty etc..Sears carried from this Mfg in La for years ..

???
Displacement: 65cc
Fuel Mixture Ratio: 25/1 (Gasoline 25 : Two-cycle Oil 1)
Hmmm. That's weird. that seems to be the same specs all my chinese engines take for fuel mix. I don't own a Husky, but this doesn't sound right to me.

Yeah, I got scammed on a memory chip from a seller in China. Was supposed to be 16gb, and it was labeled as 16gb, but when put into the computer it was only 2gb. I ended up disputing it, sent it back for $12 in postage even though the entire thing only cost something like $25, and the post office never gave me a confirmation that it was delivered. So, Paypal denied my claim. I dropped it at that point. Should have dropped the entire issue once I figured out it was not what it was supposed to be. After return postage, the remaining $13 was not worth my time. What really burns me up about that entire transaction is that E-bay shut down the seller just hours after I bought the thing, which made me wonder about the item. Then, paypal would not honor the claim even though e-bay already knew the guy was a scammer.

So, now I refuse to buy anything on e-bay that is located in China.

Dont waste your money or your time on that crapola.

As stated above you have to be extremely careful when ordering from some places. I have ordered some aftermarket, as well as OEM from distributors in Hong Kong. But, unlike this seller with 11 feedbacks, these sellers had several thousand feedbacks with ratings above 99%. When you can find sellers like that, you can be pretty confident that what they are selling is what they claim it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.