Is this too soon to engage the cat on my insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pastera

Feeling the Heat
Sep 8, 2008
SE Mass
First PIC: Cat is fully engaged (Why are the peasants not attending the hot thing!)

Second PIC: Lousy humans finally fixed the hot and cat has disengaged to go take up residence on the recliner

The house queen, Ella, stands in front of the door expectantly whenever I try to load the stove - I'm waiting for her to set her tail on fire one of these days...

BTW: The glass is clean but my camera makes it look filthy - I'll need to play with it a little to see if I can get a more realistic image

Attachments

• 100_0086.jpg
    100_0086.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 335
  • 100_0089.jpg
    100_0089.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 324
Got me on that one. But our cat is the opposite. The warmer the stove the more he's attracted to it.

Cute story and a very nice looking setup.

I had to re-type my reply as I started with "Hampton Stoves do not have a CAT, it has Secondary Tubes". Lol..

BeGreen said:
Got me on that one. But our cat is the opposite. The warmer the stove the more he's attracted to it.

Cute story and a very nice looking setup.

Same here . . . warm stove = cat or cats are closer. Cold stove = cats are hunkered down somewhere else to stay warm.

She sits just to the side of the airstream from the blower and moves to the recliner about 6' away just before she ignites. I have picked her up and moved her away from the pellet stove when the IR gun confirms she is too stupid for her own good - Anyone know the ignition temperature for cat fur?

As it is, that tiny stove kept the house at 70° with an outside temp of 15° and some pretty heavy winds - even with the unsued areas closed off it is heating over 2000 SF.

stejus said:
I had to re-type my reply as I started with "Hampton Stoves do not have a CAT, it has Secondary Tubes". Lol..

My stove may just have a cat in it if she keeps bothering me at 0445 while loading the stove - being both cold and before the first cuppa java could be hazardous to her health
Although SWMBO would shoot me with my weapons, cut me up with my chainsaw and stuff me into my stove for messing with her cat :ahhh:

Status
Not open for further replies.