Is This True?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to bring it up but you could buy a power vent if you really do have a draft problem.

What type of power vent are you talking about? there are 2 types that would work a top mount fan which is expensive loud and expensive to run and maintain or a pipe mount draft inducer that i have never found to work. An actual power vent like that used for a furnace cannot be used for a wood stove. I haven't read through the whole tread but have you had anyone come out to check the set up yet? And i agree that indoor air pollution can be a big problem but a little bit of smell is not necessarily a problem we cant tell from here though. I know we have customers that complain about smells from stoves that i cant detect at all and some that smell really bad that people dont smell at all so perception is allot of it. You could always look in your area for companies that test indoor air quality

This is still a new stove to you right? I would send the wife and kid away for a day or two and do some hard burning, something tells me your babying it due to the issues with the wife on you. Usually operator error is the most common fault to problems. So I say you need to open her up and practice some more with it.....better that they are not there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.