Is this where the free wood at?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow1 said:
What a cute recovery line... acting all innocent like there was some sort of wood giveaway. Hmmm... scary thought. You know those CL posting we hate where there is an address and a "I'll take it down when all the wood is gone" for free wood? Talk about a scary scam if someone were to post one of those with your address and then just happen to be one of the first few to answer it!

ALL my wood is visible from the road - I just have to hope that nobody ever decides to steal it or that if they do one of my neighbors is kind enough to say something.

Install a motion sensor with a light and a 110 volt alarm, horn or klaxon. Anyone comes near the wood pile & you get lights and noise, just dont forget to install an off/on switch inside the house, so that you can get your wood, too and reset it at 3am when the neighborhood cat pays a visit.

The sensitivity and duration of the motion sensor should be adjustable, because you would probably want the noise to stop after 1 minute & wouldn't want passing cars to set it off.

maplewood said:
My stacks aren't visible from the road, but they aren't close enough to any house, either. They are halfway down my sister's 1000' driveway.
My dad is worried about thieves. He's all ready with an "I told you so" in case I'm robbed.
I can't imagine someone being so desparate or nasty to steal someone's heat.
after2.jpg

Looks like $6000.oo to $8000.oo worth of wood to me! Where did you say you lived?

anywheres near Ct?? ;-P

jdinspector said:
Wow, you guys take your wood serious! Letting loose your german shepherd? Shooting someone? Shooting warning shots? I guess since I don't have the problem of people stealing my wood (or at least a lot of it), I can't relate to those responses. I am sure that occassionally my backyard neighbor helps himself to some of my wood over the fence. I don't have a problem with it, as I'm sure it's for his campfire. Maybe I should train my cocker spaniel to attack?!

just need to say this: Would you have a problem with your neighbor going into your bank account and just taking a little bit???

we heat with wood for the sole factor of saving money. we save an averate of $4000 a year, so if someone stole my 8 cords of wood, that would be like them stealing $4000 from me, and i would NOT take that lightly.

Would you murder someone for stealing just a little bit out of your bank account or would you call the police?

Yes,t hese poeple are stealing from you...or trying to. But shooting at them or setting your dog on them is only going to get YOU arrested.

feee wood at eernest4's house. glad we don have that problem aroud here wood seems to be plentiful and about 75% of the poeople around here burn that are not in city limits.

oilstinks said:
feee wood at eernest4's house. glad we don have that problem aroud here wood seems to be plentiful and about 75% of the poeople around here burn that are not in city limits.

lol we got alot of wood around here and 75% to lazy to cut it them selves. Sure wouldnt shoot someone over it,but offer people all the time if you help I will give you some wood no one ever show's up but "MMAUL"

after2.jpg

how much wood is that, anyway? I'm a bad judge anyway, but trying to figure out from a picture is even harder. 20cords? maybe 25?

Danno77 said:
after2.jpg

how much wood is that, anyway? I'm a bad judge anyway, but trying to figure out from a picture is even harder. 20cords? maybe 25?

that pallet is 4 ft now Iam just guessing because its fun.9 1/2 cords

smokinjay said:
that pallet is 4 ft now I am just guessing because its fun.9 1/2 cords
I guess I was using my own pile to compare, and I counted like 8 or 9 rows there thinking each one looks like one of my rows. I'm wrong, because my pile is a couple of rows deep and I think I figured about 2.5 cords. Using that, then I guess I would say he's got about 4 times what i got. So yeah, 10 cords should be pretty close.

Status
Not open for further replies.