Is this wood worth it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to say how much you are actually getting (I'll guess 1/2 cord per pickup load) or if it will be dry enough to burn this year. It will be a pain to stack, I imagine, and perhaps a pain to load as well. But it might be worth it if split wood is expensive in your parts.

I have a friend that heats his shop with that stuff, perhaps not from this supplier but similar. It is dry, usually kiln dried. It will burn hot and fast. Would make great kindling and good firestarter. I'd suggest you could get some and keep it dry in the house/garage as it won't have bugs either. But, you'll need some actual hardwood to burn for your long burns.

Status
Not open for further replies.