Is this worth it? MTD 8 ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeheat

Minister of Fire
3J83qe3H25Lb5s35t7d6q9ea25ad2ed271764.jpg

Found this on the list Its a MTD 8 ton NOT running for 300 , looks good but the wheels scare me . Any one else have one ? Is it worth the trip?

I think it was 400 new.

For half the price maybe..... But are you sure that's enough machine for what you want to do?

8 ton would probably do what a whole lot of us need doin'...and the tires/wheels could always be swapped out/upgraded. BUT...for right now, as far as you know, it's a Zero-Ton, and it's not clear just what it would take to get it up and splitting. Is it worth the trip? Well...how far's the trip?

A 12 ton goes for $750 new, a 7 ton electric $350 new
Offer $200 if it's good but, how far's the trip?
The wheels, not a big deal, you could drag that around with a skid plate on the bottom ;)

For half the price maybe..... But are you sure that's enough machine for what you want to do?
8 ton is enough for what I need to do, but I found the max is 18" to split that might be to small

I think it was 400 new.

Thats what I couldnt find last night

A 12 ton goes for $750 new, a 7 ton electric $350 new
Offer $200 if it's good but, how far's the trip?
The wheels, not a big deal, you could drag that around with a skid plate on the bottom ;)[/quot

The trip would be an hour and 20 one way

Status
Not open for further replies.