Is your stash getting low like mine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim3854

Nov 20, 2011
Rhode island
I went to HD in warwick RI and they are loaded with Presto Logs . I was thinking about giving them a try . Any thoughts ?

Try the search box at the top - there are a few members who use them. Better than being cold;lol

I went to HD in warwick RI and they are loaded with Presto Logs . I was thinking about giving them a try . Any thoughts ?

Tried a few bags earlier this season when they were stacked up at HD, just out of curiosity. To me they were pretty dirty and lower heat than the FSUs I had stocked up on. BUT, if I was running low and that was all I could find . . .

Last edited:
Check out Lowes and see if they have the Hamer Hot One's. They are a good pellet and have been showing up in a lot of Lowes stores recently. I just scored 4 ton yesterday.

ive been burning the prestos from HD and find there quite a hot pellet

Our HD now has "Heat Resource Premium Oak Hardwood Pellets". Tried a few bags. Nice heat.

I went to our local HD and they aren't selling pellets anymore:mad:. They told me they are only carrying them in the northern locations. TSC and Rona were all sold out and waiting for the next shipment. So I was stuck buying them from Canadian Tire and a sucker price of 6.00/bag and they won't budge on price if I bought a large amount. Next season I'm buying 3 tons right at the beginning.

Besides smelling like wood glue they do burn quite nice and don't put out too much ash for a box store pellet. I may go back for another ton when I run out.

The best opinion you're gonna get will be your own. Buy em,try em. If you like em,repeat.
Not tryin to be sarcastic,but there are so many varying opinions of pretty much any pellet.
Just sayin...

Ummm....isn't Canada a northern location?

Our HD now has "Heat Resource Premium Oak Hardwood Pellets". Tried a few bags. Nice heat.
How are the FSU working out for you?

Attachments

• 20140121_080315.jpg
    20140121_080315.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
How are the Barefoots working out for you?
I love the Barefoots. However, I use Hamers for really cold periods.
A friend of mine has been finding large pieces of wood in his Barefoot pellet bags, by large I mean mulch size pieces. I too have had this happen, but near the frequency he has.

And to answer the thread question. No. I go into winters with at least 4 tons. This is my third winter with the stove. First winter I used 2.5 tons. Last winter I used almost 3 tons. This winter I am on track to use around 3.25 tons.

I went to our local HD and they aren't selling pellets anymore:mad:. They told me they are only carrying them in the northern locations. TSC and Rona were all sold out and waiting for the next shipment. So I was stuck buying them from Canadian Tire and a sucker price of 6.00/bag and they won't budge on price if I bought a large amount. Next season I'm buying 3 tons right at the beginning.

Where are u in the province I only burnt one bag of CTC. not worth it .

Ive got about 30bags burned through 2 bags this year may fire it up later today. Little weird after burning 5 tons last year.

FSU pellets are one of the dirtiest pellets I have tried this year. Good thing only bought 10 bags to try. Heard some good things about them this year. Was at HD yesterday saw them there for $4.68 per bag what a WASTE OF MONEY!!!!

I love oak pellets and their easy to clean "grainy" ash

I love the Barefoots. However, I use Hamers for really cold periods. A friend of mine has been finding large pieces of wood in his Barefoot pellet bags, by large I mean mulch size pieces. I too have had this happen, but near the frequency he has.
I haven't seen this?
My family switched to Barefoot 2 years ago...

And 3.5 tons out of 6 left

Status
Not open for further replies.