Is your stove running?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karri0n

Nov 18, 2008
Eastern CT
Then you better go catch it!!!! BAHAHAHAHA! :snake: :lol: :snake: :lol: :snake: :lol: :snake: :lol: :snake: :lol: :snake: :lol:

Serously, though, post pics of your stove/hearth in the "on" setting.

Okay. You want to see fire or furniture? Stoves cruising at 400 or 450 in the pic. Cottonwood.

Attachments

• stovessmall1.JPG
    stovessmall1.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,391
cute pic highbeam....
but i feel bad for that lonely split.. thow it in quick.

Taken 5 minutes ago. Hearthstone Equinox ( installed three weks ago)

Attachments

• DSC03892.JPG
    DSC03892.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,412
  • DSC03897.JPG
    DSC03897.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,399
  • DSC03894.JPG
    DSC03894.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 1,317
Holy smokes Jlow, you stuck that thing right in the middle of the room. Is that a TV in the old hearth? I love the wood.

I always seem to end up with one leftover split on the hearth that didn't fit in the firebox when I restoke. I leave it there to prewarm. It trembles in fear while watching it's buddy's burn.

The fireplace is now used for grilling in the winter months. TV is near where I took the pictures from.

jlow - that's a nice looking room - it's not often you see a stove in the middle of a room but I bet that throws the heat everywhere you need it.
That stove compliments the room - my buddy bought a Hearthstone at the end of last season and he's loving it this year.
I've found that when we are in front of the T.V. and the stove , I tend to watch the stove more - it's relaxing.

Rob

Installed January 2008, ignore the ladder out the right window

Attachments

• kahra2.jpg
    kahra2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,240
Tarmsolo60 said:
Installed January 2008, ignore the ladder out the right window

LOL !! I have one of those outside my window :coolsmirk:

A work in progress

sept093.jpg

That's a lovely room, OP !!

WoodButcher's setup.......My Oslo Humming away at 625 with a good batch of hickory.

WB

Attachments

• wb_woodbin.jpg
    wb_woodbin.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,175
  • wb_f500_01.jpg
    wb_f500_01.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,202
  • wb_f500_02.jpg
    wb_f500_02.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,204
  • wb_f500_03.jpg
    wb_f500_03.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,183
Highbeam said:
Okay. You want to see fire or furniture? Stoves cruising at 400 or 450 in the pic. Cottonwood.

Hey Highbean,
Looks like we both still have to go HI-DEF, my sets about 13 years old.
Nice setup btw, kids seem to be content .....all they need now is a little popcorn.

WB

Ok, the name of the thread was "is your stove running", not "post pictures of your Equinox"! J/K I guess lots of people are grabbing those Equinoxes. Great pics so far everyone, maybe I'll get around to posting mine tonight once I get the damper installed.

Woodbutcher, Nice set-up. I am thinking of building a woodbox to sit behind my stove. I would like to keep it as close to the stove as possible. What is yours made of?

WOODBUTCHER said:
Highbeam said:

Hey Highbean,
Looks like we both still have to go HI-DEF, my sets about 13 years old.
Nice setup btw, kids seem to be content .....all they need now is a little popcorn.

WB

You've got a sharp eye. Yes, that CRT is over 10 years old and 27" but it is built into the cabinets. To get an equivalent height HD-TV it would need to be way too wide for the built in cubby or be a tiny screen. I hate to think about tearing out all of the cabinets or even about bolting a big TV to the face of them all since it is in a corner it won't be pretty.

nothin wrong with a little "low def" tv..kicking it here old school.....me thinkin I am the only one in my town with an old school set. Why pay the price for a few more pixels? :)

jlow said:
The fireplace is now used for grilling in the winter months. TV is near where I took the pictures from.

The old fireplace looks like the perfect place to store firewood.

peace,
- Sequoia

jlow said:
Woodbutcher, Nice set-up. I am thinking of building a woodbox to sit behind my stove. I would like to keep it as close to the stove as possible. What is yours made of?

I made it out of an old barn door.

WB

I have a 15 yr old crt tv in the living room that I have to beat with my fist before I can get a decent picture and I have an ugly stove in my garage, but down here in the cave...HD

o5xn4k.jpg

A Christmas time pic to get you back in the spirit!

Attachments

• 284.JPG
    284.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 923
My BABY, a CB 1200. i Love her! she has kept me warm when it was FIFTY BELOW outside! Couldnt believe it. my brother was complaining how his oil furnace never quit running! Said his house just didnt wanna warm up! (it was like 30-50 below for two weeks straight!) I burned some serious pellet running Full Blast day in and out, stoped twice for cleaning. Anywas, hope u enjoyed the pic!

By the way, All u guys have BEAUTIFUL set-ups!

Attachments

• DSCN0643.JPG
    DSCN0643.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 833
  • DSCN0637.JPG
    DSCN0637.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 813
  • DSCN0646.JPG
    DSCN0646.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 828
WB and Jlow are my favorites. you guys have some REALLY nice setups/taste

CZARCAR said:
tylerb123 said:
My BABY, a CB 1200. i Love her! she has kept me warm when it was FIFTY BELOW outside! Couldnt believe it. my brother was complaining how his oil furnace never quit running! Said his house just didnt wanna warm up! (it was like 30-50 below for two weeks straight!) I burned some serious pellet running Full Blast day in and out, stoped twice for cleaning. Anywas, hope u enjoyed the pic!

By the way, All u guys have BEAUTIFUL set-ups!
ever feel your chimney exhaust?

Where are you going with this one? As in he's wasting heat, or, ???

Status
Not open for further replies.