Isle Royale , Blower and OAK

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoverp

Jan 3, 2010
Montana
I have an Isle Royale and am going to get the OAK. The dealer wants 80 bucks for it.

My question specifically is with the blower kit already installed on the stove, have any of you folks added the kit? If so was it just the flange connector that goes to the 4" hole in the bottom of the stove that you hook the flex pipe to...what else in the kit could you not buy at ACE hardware?

Thanks

Patrick.

Bump for any and all Isle Royale owners with the Outside Air Kit.

I bought the OAK fro the dealership for 80 bucks opened it up read the directions , promptly boxed it back up and goin to take it back.

Its worthless for IR owners....the only thing in the kit applicable to our IR stoves is the plastic outside vent cover and the little tin adaptor to hook the 4inch flex to on the bottom of the stove. DO NOT BUY IT.

I made my own adaptor for $5.46 from the building store from a galvanized dryer vent cap. (use a piece of paper on the bottom of the stove to locate and give you a pattern for the 4 screw holes) hooked up 4 inch flex(after taking the fan off(3 phillips screws) so it would be easier to fit and screw in to the holes in the bottom of the stove.) crush the flex down a bit on the top and re-install the fan, then out the wall with 4 inch black woodstove pipe to a round dryer vent with fixed open louvers and a bug screen ...Works like a champ and cost $19 total.

I also put in a cast iron rotating damper (flu damper) in the stovepipe just incase I want to restrict the incomming air...(I was a little nervous about air rushing into the stove and out te bottom of the stove box when not in use but that doesnt happen ...it all goes up the chimminey anyway (fire or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.