Isle Royale clearance to combustibles

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonesBurnsWood13

Dec 10, 2012
I have a per fab fireplace in the lower level of my tri-level house. I want to put an Isle Royale in front of the insert on the hearth. I have the room, just need to make sure I have enough clearance from the top back corner of the stove to the corner coming into the fireplace and from the pipe coming out the back of the stove to be sure I have enough clearance to combustibles there.

I'm looking at putting a piece of metal closing off the insert and leaving an air gap to cut down on heat to the wall above. It's tile all around the insert on drywall to 2x4. I think it will work, met with a dealer and he thinks it will just can't guarantee it. Just wanted to get some insight to feel better about when it comes to install.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: Jags
Status
Not open for further replies.