Isle Royale Fire Bricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnaki

Aug 16, 2016
Northern Michigan
Went to look at a left over Isle Royale today. There were no fire bricks on the sides. There were what the salesman called "wear plates." There seemed to be slots for fire bricks, but the salesman said the Isle Royale was not designed to have fire bricks on the side. The diagram I've found on the internet, apparently shows side fire bricks.

So, those of you with that have an Isle Royale, are there side firebricks?

Thanks for any help.

John

Mine has no side bricks. I assumed they were missing but a neighbor has one and his has no bricks either. I too saw diagrams online that showed side bricks. Maybe early models did?

Mine doesn't have firebricks on the main sides. It does have one on each side in the back portion.

Mine doesn't have firebricks on the main sides. It does have one on each side in the back portion.

Thanks all, I was concerned that because it was a leftover last year's model I wasn't getting everything that was supposed to be there. I bought the stove!

John

Thanks all, I was concerned that because it was a leftover last year's model I wasn't getting everything that was supposed to be there. I bought the stove!

John
Nice! If I could still find one around here I'd buy another one.

I've never burned mine. Looking forward to it!
Farmers almanac says we're in for a cold winter so maybe you'll get a chance to push the IR hard and see what kind of heat she likes to put out. Although I have no idea where the farmers almanac gets it forecast from. On a side note, I'm still trying to figure out how I had to pay more for some touch up paint then you had to pay for your whole stove.

Reactions: webby3650
I end up with some nice little stoves every season. They all need some work, but I like messing with them. Guess I'm in the right business!

Reactions: Ash
Status
Not open for further replies.