Issue with Pipe Collar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solaron

Mar 16, 2008
Adams County, Ohio
Guys,

Well, the rock wall is basically done (once it's fully done/grouted, I'll post pics!) and the stove is in. The PE T6 is great - I took your advice and did hotter, faster burns and now everything is working great.

My only issue is that when I had the stove installed, the installed stuck the stove through the (what is it called, thimble?) hole in the chimney and cemented it in, so I can't get that end off. The other end of the pipe has a lip, so I can't get a 6" collar around it to go flush against the wall.

Are there any 2-piece stove pipe collars that I can take apart, put around the pipe and then put back together? I'm at a loss, and I really need one!

Thanks.

Congratulations! Can you unscrew and detach the elbow before the pipe heading into the thimble?

I tried that, but the pipe itself has a smooth, raised ridge that the collar can't fit around after about 2 inches. This appears to stop the elbow? Either way, I'd have to have a larger collar to fit around it, but then I'd have a space between my collar and my pipe against the wall.

Basically, what I need is a 2-piece stove pipe collar or an expandable one, something that snaps/screws together, etc, so I can fit it around my pipe and then close.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.