Issues with drolet eco-55

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

OIiver

Dec 2, 2023
Canada
Hello!

I apologize if these questions or problems have been discussed in previous threads, but a couple searches yielded no results.

I bought an eco-55 about a month ago in order to heat up my detached garage. So far, I am unable to let the stove unattended for more than a few hours before the burn pot begins to overfill. Despite changing pellet brand, the problem persist. The glass is also covered in soot after just a bag.

I have tried adjusting the combustion intake to the maximum and the problem persists regardless of if Im using an OAK or not. The shutter for the intake is also not causing any obstruction since I removed it.

I read comments about the door seal and it seems fine, but I am now wondering if the glass seal is supposed to look the way it does given how the gasket doesn’t go all the way around the glass.

Thanks,
Oliver

IMG_0517.jpeg image.jpg

Welcome to the forum
New or used stove ? do you have a manual?
If it is used did you disassemble it and clean
all the exhaust passages? Your description
sound like an ash plugged stove

Welcome to the forum
New or used stove ? do you have a manual?
If it is used did you disassemble it and clean
all the exhaust passages? Your description
sound like an ash plugged stove
Thanks!

The stove is brand new and I do have the manuals. Ive applied a gasket cement all around the window last night and the pot was not overfilled this morning and there was a drastic reduction in ash content within the pot.

The glass is looking a bit hazy, but I can see that the metal brackets that are holding the glass in place are a lot more cleaner than they were yesterday.

Just a suggestion read page 7, article 5.8 also
page 10 article 6.5--2